Join Tacoma Community College on a virtual Trip to Tacoma!
This online course is designed for students of all English levels who are interested in improving their reading, writing, speaking, and listening skills through a fun, interactive course that teaches them about the sites of Tacoma, Washington.
Course Details: Dates: April 5-23, 2021
Course Time: LIVE Meetings every Monday & Thursday at 16:00 PST (0:00 UTC).
In this class, students will…
· Learn about the history of Tacoma, Washington and what makes the city what it is today
· Get to know some of the interesting animals and movies that are from this city
· Explore Tacoma’s parks, museums, and iconic symbols
· Practice reading, writing, speaking, and listening skills in English
Faculty: This course is taught by an English professor, Emilie Coates-White. Professor Coates-White has been teaching English since 1993 and is the Director of Tacoma Community College's English for Academic Purposes program.
Course Fee: $50 includes:
· Highly skilled English for Academic Purposes faculty from Tacoma Community College
· Three weeks of course instruction (~15-hour time commitment in total)
· 2-3 hours of LIVE class time per week
· 2-3 hours of coursework to be completed on one’s own time per week
English skill development in reading, writing, speaking and listening
FREE application fee ($50 value) for admission to Tacoma Community College to study full-time in the coming academic year
Certificate of program completion Application Process: The ideal applicant is an English-language learner seeking to study overseas for their U.S. Bachelor’s degree. Students must be 16+ years of age to participate. Application Deadline: March 26, 2021
Application Vietnam Students: Available on Facebook.
We look forward to hearing from you.
Nha Trang, Khanh Hoa, 650000 Vietnam